In honor of the new J.K.Rowling book, Harry Potter and the Cursed Child, I decided to try my hand at making a Hogwarts favorite. Yep, that means butterbeer baby!
Since I had never had butterbeer before I made this recipe, I wasn't sure what to expect. I had an idea. And I knew what I wanted. I wanted a warm drink that I could make instead of coffee since I really don't like the taste of coffee that much, but, I do like a little coffee flavored vanilla creamer hot drink from time to time. Or hot cooca. Whatever.
And yes, it does taste better with some golden snitches (AKA Ferrero Rochers) to snack on while you sip it. Grab your apron and let's whip up a batch.
- 1 Liter of Cream Soda (your choice of brand - it doesn't matter)
- 3 tbsp. of butter
- 3 tbsp. of brown sugar
- 1 cup of heavy whipping cream
- 5 Werther's Originals candies
- In your pot, boil the cream soda
- Combine the butter + brown sugar in a microwave-safe bowl and melt the combo until the sugar has dissolved. I did mine in 30 second intervals so that it wouldn't turn in to a hot bubbly mess - stirring with a fork
- When your cream soda is completely boiling (like, really boiling, not little bubbles) mix in your butter + sugar combo with a whisk - being sure to keep stirring
- Mix in the whipping cream while still stirring
- Toss in the Werther's candies - and you guessed it, keep stirring
- Stir, stir, stir until the candies are all melted.
When the butterbeer has cooled enough to be tolerable, pour it in to a fancy (or not-so fancy - your choice) mug and curl up with a good Harry Potter book, a blanket that shows your house colors, and a handful of golden snitches.
In another post I will show you how to turn this nice warm drink (perfect for fall + winter) in to an iced latte alternative. Yummy...
Have you tried a Butterbeer recipe that was share-worthy awesome? Let us know!
Credits // Author and Photography: Kate Mark for Bambino Amore // Apron by Bambino Amore - found at Bambino Amore